Kėdainiai town and its district have many historical attractions and natural monuments. We described only those, which are near the homestead and can be reaches by foot, bike, or car. For more information on sightseeing tours and attractions, contact the owners in advance.
Apytalaukis former manor house and park. It is established near the tributary of Nevėžis – Alkupis. The manor house was built in the middle of 19th century; therefore, it has the elements of neo-Renaissance style. In the second half of the 19th century, a mixed type of park was planted around the manor house, a decorative pool was built in front of the house, and there were ponds to the southeast from the palace.
The saint Peter’s and Paul’s church of Apytalaukis. Apytalaukis’ saint Peter and Paul church is baroque church with Renaissance features. It is built in Latin cross shape with the bell tower in the western side. Interior of the church is covered by cylindrical vaults. Next to the church, there is the parish cemetery. Apytalaukis’ owners, Šiukštai, and Zabieliai descendants are buried in the basement of the church and cemetery.
Weir of Kruostas. The weir and hydroelectric power station is called by the name of Nevėžis’ tributary – Kruostas. Now, you can go to the other side of the river through the remaining weir’s barrier in order to see the remaining metal structures.
A pole monument for Juozas Urbšys, who was the minister for foreign affairs of independent Lithuania during the interwar period. In the Gineiktai village, former native land of Urbšiai. The monument was designed by Gendrikas Galvanauskas from Paberžė.
The birthplace and cultural center of Česlavas Milošas in Šeteniai. A cultural center of Česlavas Milošas, who was the Nobel Prize-winning writer, is built on the Nevėžis river slope, in the former barn place. The center is surrounded by a beautiful park, where you will find Lithuanian wayside shrines and statues dedicated to Šeteniai and Česlavas Milošas that was born here.
Jesus’ Transfiguration Church of Šventybrastytis. In 1744, the owner of Šventybrastytis, earl Zaviša has built a wooden Jesus’ Transfiguration Church. In 1873, wooden bell tower was built, and in 1880, wings were built to both sides of the building.
The monument for the independence of Lithuania in Šventybrastytis village. The stairs from the church lead to the monument for the independence of Lithuania.
Šventybrastytis’ oaks. Šventybrastytis’ oaks are growing in Šventybrastytis village, Nevėžis coast, near the Brasta stream. It is said that there, where now is the church of Šventybrastytis, was an ancient Lithuanian pagan rite place that was surrounded with oaks. Today, there are only four oaks.
A Former manor house and park of Sirutiškis. It is in the right shore of Nevėžis river. It is surrounded by the mixed park of trees. The manor house was significantly affected by historical storms. But the style of curved lines and rich ornamentation is still visible.
Aurochs of Pašiliai. It is one of the most visited places in Panevėžys’ forests. There are a lot of aurochs, which are considered to be the largest wild animals. European bison is inscribed not only in Lithuanian, but also in the International Red Book.